Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Seaside Vacation


          I don't get the chance to go on many vacations, but when I do go somewhere I love going in order to meet up with long-lost friends! During the last year of being abroad so many of my friends have bounced between locations. Some people stayed in Korea for years while others only stayed for a few months. My close friend, Sarah, stayed for 1.5 years before going back to her home to finish school. Recently, she returned to Korea for a 6 week internship and I had a great reason to travel to the lovely city Busan to visit her!

          We had a few schedule mishaps before we could finally meet up in the big city and in that spare time I found a few lovely cafes and restaurants to spend my time in between beach visits.

          The first evening I found this great Hand Drip cafe with great chocolate brownies that are flaky on the outside and just the right level of gooey on the inside. Mmmm! The lattes are great because there isn't an overload of sugar but it's so well made that the foam keeps the perfect form even while drinking it. The caramel latte and yummy brownie were a perfect mix!
   



          I had a morning free while Sarah was busy doing internship stuff, so I decided to check out the fish market. In my town there isn't much fresh fish and I love a good fish fry. These people were so kind to me. Even though I only ordered a small serving they gave me a lot of extra tender fish to eat. I couldn't finish it all, but I gave it my best shot!

          They even gave me some yummy side dishes and made sure they were refilled as often as possible and checked back with me to make sure I liked everything. She even brought me some free roasted sweet potatoes as a desert.

          Such lovely people and food!












          Finally, in the afternoon Sarah and I were finally able to meet up after a 1.5 days of schedule conflicts and location confusion problems. We went to a shopping center, caught a movie, ate McDonald's because her friend's obsession with McD's, but I don't like fast food so we had to get another something delicious to eat.

          Sooo we ended up going to another cafe that served the best Japanese style parfaits. This one is a strawberry, vanilla, and cookie one. It was on the platter long enough to take pictures and then it seemed to disappear into our bellies.







I hope you all enjoy this post! It's primarily about food, but so many of my photos involved Sarah and she requested not to have her photo on here. Thus, this became a food post. I hope everyone enjoyed the read. Leave a comment below and let me know what you think! What do you enjoy doing on vacation?

No comments:

Post a Comment