Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Autumn Healthy Snacks

          The seasons are changing and it’s time to start enjoying some of the festive Autumn foods!


          Unfortunately, my new apartment is a tiny studio place with a tiny kitchen space so I can’t make many things at home. But there are still loads of simple and healthy snacks to be made with a small cooking space. 

          Below are some easy foods to make that will fill you up without weighing your day down.
          The first is my unique recipe for dumplings. I bought some simple pre-made dumpling wrappers and let them come to room temperature in the package. Then, in a small pan I boiled bakchoi and a container of fresh picked mushrooms. After about 3 minutes boiling I drained them and added tofu and spices along with a tablespoon of sesame oil. I cooked that for several minutes, let it cool, and drained out all the excess liquid. 



          Then, I filled the wrappers, sealed, and steamed them. Topping it off with a drizzle of sesame oil and sesame seeds. It’s delicious!  


          The snack I love in Autumn is a combination of mixed nuts and dried fruits. In this picture I have prunes, cranberries, bananas, pistachios, peanuts, and a few others. The salad is made simple greens, with walnuts, peanuts, and cranberries. Add a couple kimbap slices and it’s a full meal by its own or a great snack to share with friends!


          Greek yogurt with granola and cranberries, homemade salmon dip with crackers, and some water and there is a perfect meal fit for Autumn. 


           I hope you enjoyed it. Are there any things you enjoy eating during this season? 

No comments:

Post a Comment